Dear Jim Butler Family Customers,
Thank you for being part of our family. You know that we sincerely appreciate your business. We appreciate your help as we have grown to become the largest Chevrolet dealership in the Saint Louis Area and one of the top 50 dealers in the entire United States. It has been a tremendous and sometime tumultuous ride!
I am writing this today to actually apologize to you, our loyal customers. I know, and my team knows, that we have been incredibly overwhelmed in our service department. No excuses, we have just been too busy to offer and complete our usual standards of business.
Our average service day usually consisted of 60-80 customers a day coming into our Fenton facility. Today we now average 140 customers per day in our service drive. Many reasons why, but what matters to you is that we communicate and service your vehicle in the proper time required to get you back to your normal life. We are getting better and I wanted to outline steps we have taken that should help mitigate your wait and get us back on track for excellent customer service.
Here are the steps we have taken:
- We have added phone prompts to separate recall customers and quick lube customers from our standard warranty and customer work. This will focus two operators to handle nothing but our normal flow and it allows a new department to handle the influx of recalls coming in via the phone system.
- We have also designed a new recall form on our website that helps us speed up the recall process. This will ensure that you receive priority service if your vehicle is involved in a recall.
- We have established a new division to handle recalls separately. Kayla has been put in charge and she is communicating to those customers that need just recall services completed. She is scheduling and providing whatever service you need to make your visit successful.
- We have also moved Rico into an apprentice job as a Service Advisor specifically on Monday to help with the emergency flow of customers. This will relieve your wait to meet with a Service Advisor as your bring your car in the door.
- We have refined our Quick Lube process (Powerhouse Coupon oil changes and rotates) to have a team of technicians just for you. Lorenta runs this team fed by Mike and Rico. Our goal is to get you in and out of there in 45 minutes.
- Our technicians are now working from 6 am to Midnight, 6 days a week, with our service drive open for customers until 8 pm M-F.
- We have added 4 new technicians, two more parts people and 2 more phone people to help with the extra volume.
- Extra doughnuts , coffee and bottled water along with higher speed wireless network for the entire campus to match the demand of our new customers
- We established a better customer satisfaction process. If you are unhappy or feel we did not perform to your standards you can fill out the form right at the cashier’s window and as always you have access to me.
- We have put under contract 3.6 acres of ground and we are building a new service building with over 20 new Service bays and enough storage parking for 400 vehicles. This will alleviate our parking issues we have been experiencing.
I guess I wanted to let you know that we do understand how hard it has been to get ahold of us via the phone and how long it has taken to get your vehicle through the system. It is just as frustrating to us and as I said before, no excuses. We are changing and driving everything possible to make sure you are happy. I appreciate your patience and most importantly your loyalty to Jim Butler Chevrolet.
Interesting Jim Butler Chevrolet facts:
• Did you know that we sell on average 220 new and 140 pre-owned vehicles every month?
• That we service over 3,780 vehicles a month?
• We have over 130 full time and another 10 part time employees at our Fenton location?
• We have over 125 Courtesy Transportation Vehicles available for overnight warranty work?
• We have two full time shuttles operating every day?
• We offer finance alternatives for new or pre-owned Chevrolets for those customers that have gone through divorce, medical issues or just have bad credit?
Thank you again for your patience and of course, thank you for being a great Jim Butler customer! If you need to get a hold of me, email is the best (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
Co-owner and General Manager